Tag Games is an ambitious and growing mobile game studio based in Dundee, Scotland. We have a 15 year legacy of making mobile games for some of the biggest brands on the planet.
This year Tag Games is pushing the boundaries of gameplay in our new cross platform IP. If you have experience in developing games for PC, Mobile or Consoles then you might be the right person to help us deliver this AAA experience. Join our growing team of veterans from around the world and help build a new global games franchise.
Our culture is collaborative and relaxed. We encourage feedback and support each other to solve problems - always striving to be the best we can be. We are driven by a passion for quality and delivering outstanding products. If this feels like a studio where you can thrive and grow then we have a variety of roles available, both in our Dundee studio and remote. It would be great to have you join our team!
As the Lead Environment Artist, you will be responsible for the day to day support of our Environment Artists at Tag, and ensuring the team’s goals are in alignment with the Art Director. You will be deeply involved in understanding and communicating all technical requirements and restrictions from our development partners to the art team at Tag and ensuring as much as possible that they function as a fully integrated resource of the larger cross-studio art effort.
Here's what you will be doing:
- You will be working closely with the (Environment) Art Director and the Tag Environment Artists.
- Your work will be split between supporting and managing the output of the Tag Art team, and hands-on art tasks for the project. However, the strong priority will be towards support and management of the team.
- You will be the main hub of communications between the Tag Art team and the Art Director, in order to streamline and reduce the number of necessary touchpoints between both.
- In doing so, you will identify and resolve the issues of highest impact to productivity of the Tag Art team.
- Be a part of the project tracking function, sanity-checking time estimates, anticipating dependencies before they become blockers, and keeping Production in the loop.
- You will report to the Tag Head of Art and escalate any larger problems where necessary.
To do this job, you will need:
- A portfolio of work demonstrating the ability to execute a broad range of AAA organic and hard-surface environment models, textures, and materials.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
- 5+ years experience in the games industry, 3 of which as a Lead Artist.
- Expert level of proficiency in contemporary game development software (Photoshop, Maya, Max, Zbrush, Substance Designer, and other 2D/3D applications)
- Experience working in Unity for at least 2 full development cycles.
- To be familiar with agile working methodologies, including the use of Jira.
- To be able to define new pipelines and identify optimisations in existing ones.
- Excellent people skills.
- Experience working with external art vendors.
While not required, below are nice to have:
- Experience working on large scale multiplayer products.
- An avid player of some of the following genres: MMOs, RPG, Strategy games.