Tag Games is an ambitious and growing mobile game studio based in Dundee, Scotland. We have a 15 year legacy of making mobile games for some of the biggest brands on the planet.
This year Tag Games is pushing the boundaries of gameplay in our new cross platform IP. If you have experience in developing games for PC, Mobile or Consoles then you might be the right person to help us deliver this AAA experience. Join our growing team of veterans from around the world and help build a new global games franchise.
Our culture is collaborative and relaxed. We encourage feedback and support each other to solve problems - always striving to be the best we can be. We are driven by a passion for quality and delivering outstanding products. If this feels like a studio where you can thrive and grow then we have a variety of roles available, both in our Dundee studio and remote. It would be great to have you join our team!
Tag Games Studios is looking for an Audio Engineer to work on an ambitious new cross platform IP in collaboration with a top tier publisher. As a member of this team you will play an important role in the development of this world leading IP: working directly with the audio director, other programmers and designers. You will also assist production to help plan and deliver AAA quality audio, including tooling, systems and workflows, that provides a best in class experience for our players.
Here's what you will be doing:
- Work closely with the audio director to help identify, design, implement and optimise cutting edge audio tooling into our pipeline
- Work with our core programming team to manage the audio system’s performance and feature set
- Own and implement the technical delivery of all of our audio systems
- Working with production to define and prioritise work to ensure you make the best
- use of the your and the teams resources
- Proactively communicating challenges, risks and requests to production and team leadership
- Using your passion for audio and expertise in programming to deliver a great experience for our players
To do this job, you will need
- Professional experience working as an audio engineer within a game team
- A strong understanding of the processes and disciplines relative to sound design
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A strong understanding of common game development tools including Unity, FMOD or Wwise and Git
- Excellent knowledge of game audio systems, middleware and techniques, including low-level audio processing and DSP
- Experience with cross platform development techniques and methods for optimising code across varied architectures
- A proven ability to communicate with individuals and groups that are a mixture of technical and non-technical
- To be able to provide constructive and helpful feedback
- To be proactive in helping to meet the needs of the game and in supporting the team
While not required, below are nice to have:
- Experience developing free to play / live service games
- Delivery of PC or console titles
- Familiarity with Agile development processes
- Familiarity with 3D audio spatialization concepts including ambisonics and HRTF's
- Interest and knowledge in acoustic simulation
- Familiarity with granular synthesis and related techniques
- A passion for video games