Tag Games is an ambitious and growing mobile game studio based in Dundee, Scotland. We have a 15 year legacy of making mobile games for some of the biggest brands on the planet.
This year Tag Games is pushing the boundaries of gameplay in our new cross platform IP. If you have experience in developing games for PC, Mobile or Consoles then you might be the right person to help us deliver this AAA experience. Join our growing team of veterans from around the world and help build a new global games franchise.
Our culture is collaborative and relaxed. We encourage feedback and support each other to solve problems - always striving to be the best we can be. We are driven by a passion for quality and delivering outstanding products. If this feels like a studio where you can thrive and grow then we have a variety of roles available, both in our Dundee studio and remote. It would be great to have you join our team!
Tag Games is looking for a UI/UX designer to join our team. Working closely with teams across the project you will be helping to define the user journey throughout the product.
Central to the design and construction of the User Interface you will also be communicating closely with designers, coders and artists to create wireframes, mockups, prototypes and documentation to help present your designs.
Working as part of the UI/UX team you will be responsible for creating and processing mockups into component parts, constructing layouts and scenes within the engine.
Here's what you will be doing:
- Helping to craft, document and define meaningful user experiences throughout the product.
- Taking user interface designs from concept to completion.
- Working closely with all departments in the company to ensure the needs of each feature design are met.
- Processing and iterating on feedback from stakeholders, dev teams, and user research.
- Creating Wireframes, mockups and prototypes of your designs.
- Dissecting approved designs for implementation.
- Creating layouts and animations within the engine.
- Working with code and art to oversee the implementation of your designs.
To do this job, you will need:
- Excellent written, verbal and visual communication skills
- A high level of experience with Photoshop, Illustrator, or similar packages.
- Experience with UI/UX design for mobile, PC or console games
- A high level of experience with wireframing and prototyping tools. (Sketch, XD, Figma and Protopie)
- Experience with motion graphics Flash/After Effects
- Experience in creating User Interfaces within games engines. (preferably Unity)
- A passion for User Experience and User Interfaces in games development.
- A strong portfolio of previous projects.
While not required, below are nice to have:
- Animation scripting for Unity.
- Design for accessibility experience.
- Experience working with at least one full development cycle for a released title on mobile, console or PC.
- UXR experience.
- Graphic design, visual design or illustration experience.
- Experience with creating UI and UX for multiplatform titles.