Tag Games is an ambitious and growing mobile game studio based in Dundee, Scotland. We have a 15 year legacy of making mobile games for some of the biggest brands on the planet.
This year Tag Games is pushing the boundaries of gameplay in our new cross platform IP. If you have experience in developing games for PC, Mobile or Consoles then you might be the right person to help us deliver this AAA experience. Join our growing team of veterans from around the world and help build a new global games franchise.
Our culture is collaborative and relaxed. We encourage feedback and support each other to solve problems - always striving to be the best we can be. We are driven by a passion for quality and delivering outstanding products. If this feels like a studio where you can thrive and grow then we have a variety of roles available, both in our Dundee studio and remote. It would be great to have you join our team!
Tag Games is looking for a mid-level client engineer to work within one of our sub-teams on an ambitious new cross platform IP. As a member of that team you will play an important role in the development of this world leading IP: working with the other engineers on the team as well as production to help plan and deliver game features that deliver a best in class experience for our players.
Here's what you will be doing:
- Working within the team to plan, execute and review solutions to deliver a best in class gameplay experience
- Contributing, reviewing and maintaining effective and lean code
- Collaborating with the other disciplines, including artists, designers and server engineers, to design solutions, provide feedback and technical expertise and manage dependencies
- Working with production to define and prioritise work to ensure you make the best use of the your and the teams resources
- Proactively communicating challenges, risks and requests to production and team leadership
- Helping to improve the team by setting a positive example and providing feedback to help with continual development
To do this job, you will need:
- Professional experience working as a programmer within a game team
- A good understanding of common game/software development tools including Unity and Git
- A good understanding of game development including strong technical and problem solving skills
- A proven ability to communicate with individuals and groups that are a mixture of technical and non-technical
- To be able to provide constructive and helpful feedback
- To be proactive in helping to meet the needs of the game and in supporting the team
- Demonstrable experience in creating clear and understandable documentation for technical and non-technical audiences
While not required, below are nice to have:
- Experience developing free to play games
- Experience working on a live title providing regular updates
- Delivery of console or PC titles
- Familiarity with Agile development processes
- Understanding of data oriented design, software development through iteration and client-server systems