Tag Games is an ambitious and growing mobile game studio based in Dundee, Scotland. We have a 15 year legacy of making mobile games for some of the biggest brands on the planet.
This year Tag is embarking on our most ambitious and exciting title yet, developing a brand new cross-platform IP in partnership with a world-renowned publisher. We are looking for passionate new people to join us on our quest to forge a place in players' hearts.
Our culture is collaborative and relaxed. We encourage feedback and support each other to solve problems - always striving to be the best we can be. We are driven by a passion for quality and delivering outstanding products. If this feels like a studio where you can thrive and grow then we have a variety of roles available, both in our Dundee studio and remote. It would be great to have you join our team!
We’re looking for an experienced Executive Producer who'll be well-practiced in Production, deeply familiar with the process of mobile game development - including roadmaps, product development processes, triage and prioritization and budgets. You must have demonstrable mobile experience, commercial orientation and the leadership skills to manage a world-class development team while maintaining clear and constant communication with stakeholders throughout the organization all in service of helping us create an incredible experience for our players.
Here's what you will be doing:
- Perform as the head of Production for the project. Ultimately accountable for ensuring that our development processes are as effective and efficient as possible.
- Manage the Production team, and other disciplines as required.
- Provide leadership to Production team with a focus on mentoring and coaching.
- Engage deeply with the project leadership team and our external partners as required to ensure maximal gains for mutual benefit.
- Build strong and effective relationships with key stakeholders in Design & Product to ensure excellent communication flow and decision making is happening and being shared with development team.
- Foster a development culture which is based on continuous feedback, support, and empowerment.
- Oversee project schedule, milestone deliveries, and effective production processes.
- Raise awareness of issues, and help remove roadblocks when they become apparent.
- Work with the Production team and discipline leads, keeping them informed of any issues or needs.
- Monitor Production’s handling of feature requests and feasibility based on overall development needs.
- Ensure that we frequently evaluate and iterate our development processes.
- Be an ambassador for the product and team in both internal and external settings.
To do this job, you will need:
Experience as an Executive Producer seeing a AAA game/s through the full development cycle, from concept to ship.
8+ years’ experience as an embedded member of a studio development team is ideal.
Experience supervising and developing a team of direct reports in Production (other disciplines a distinct benefit).
Excellent understanding of the function and relationship between the different departments of game development.
Exceptional knowledge/experience with scheduling and project tracking software (Excel, MS Project, JIRA.)
Deep and demonstrable knowledge of game development.
Experience with predicting/catching issues before they come up.
Outstanding risk management abilities. Stay ahead of any potential problems and propose sound solutions.
Commitment to knowing everything that's happening with the game, playtesting, etc.
Familiarity with bug reporting and related software.
Ability to build strong partnerships at every level. The kind of person that people want to work for and work with.
While not required, below are nice to have:
- Experience of shipping console games