Tag Games is an ambitious and growing mobile game studio based in Dundee, Scotland. We have a 15 year legacy of making mobile games for some of the biggest brands on the planet.
This year Tag is embarking on our most ambitious and exciting title yet, developing a brand new cross-platform IP in partnership with a world-renowned publisher. We are looking for passionate new people to join us on our quest to forge a place in players' hearts.
Our culture is collaborative and relaxed. We encourage feedback and support each other to solve problems - always striving to be the best we can be. We are driven by a passion for quality and delivering outstanding products. If this feels like a studio where you can thrive and grow then we have a variety of roles available, both in our Dundee studio and remote. It would be great to have you join our team!
Tag Games Studios is on the hunt for a DevOps Engineer to join our team tasked with the creation of a brand new world-leading, cross platform IP played by millions of gamers. You will play a support role alongside our Senior DevOps Engineer, tasked with the creation of highly scalable systems built for consistency and low latency. This will grant you considerable responsibility and opportunity to learn and refine new and existing skills as you help with the design and implementation of our architecture.
Here's what you will be doing:
- Configure, deploy and maintain a cloud based infrastructure to support a world wide MMO game.
- Work with the development team to build and maintain robust CI/CD solutions, assist with automation, configuration and release management.
- Assist with building a robust monitoring solution to accurately report system health and quickly detect problems.
- Work closely with the development team to assist with infrastructure planning.
- Use best practices to ensure system security.
- Assist with resolving problems and providing reports detailing the detection, diagnoses and resolution actions taken.
- Set a standard of high quality and high performance across diverse systems and applications.
- Work closely with the development team to find the best solutions for a variety of requests.
- Prioritise technical tasks and work with the team to plan for development.
To do this job, you will need:
- A good degree, or similar, in computer science or relevant industry experience.
- An understanding of CI/CD and their key concepts
- Good knowledge of security best practices.
- Good knowledge of monitoring solutions.
- Knowledge of containerisation, including Docker.
- Strong documentation and auditing skills.
- Experience in Git.
- Proficiency in scripting languages e.g. Bash, Python
- Good knowledge of networking i.e. TCP, HTTP, LB, NAT, WebSockets etc.
- A desire to learn and take on increasing responsibility.
While not required, below are nice to have:
- Experience working in an agile work environment
- An understanding of infrastructure and configuration as code e.g. Terraform, Chef, Ansible.
- AWS, Kibana, Chef, Ansible.
- Experience with GitLab Pipelines or GitHub Actions.
- Experience working with non-technical team members to find the best solution for design requirements.
- Experience integrating tooling into the Unity Editor.