Tag Games is an ambitious and growing mobile game studio based in Dundee, Scotland. We have a 15 year legacy of making mobile games for some of the biggest brands on the planet.
This year Tag is embarking on our most ambitious and exciting title yet, developing a brand new cross-platform IP in partnership with a world-renowned publisher. We are looking for passionate new people to join us on our quest to forge a place in players' hearts.
Our culture is collaborative and relaxed. We encourage feedback and support each other to solve problems - always striving to be the best we can be. We are driven by a passion for quality and delivering outstanding products. If this feels like a studio where you can thrive and grow then we have a variety of roles available, both in our Dundee studio and remote. It would be great to have you join our team!
Tag is excited to offer a rare opportunity for a talented audio designer/director to be part of a development team that is responsible for the delivery of an ambitious cross-platform IP. You will be closely collaborating with other disciplines to breathe extra life into their creations with sound. You won’t be short of opportunities to show off your talent, and as well as delivering to spec, we also give you the freedom to identify opportunities for new innovation, bringing your own ideas for creative and technical audio solutions.
Here's what you will be doing:
- Establishing, directing and owning the audio aesthetic of the project, working closely with both the design team and external partners and communicating this effectively within the team.
- Making high-quality audio samples.
- Producing original sound, used as a temporary or final asset (SFX, ambience...).
- Maintaining the project’s audio-related documentation.
- Working closely with designers and level designers to ensure that the audio design supports the game design.
- Collaborating with external teams/outsourcers for Music / Effects / Voice.
To do this job, you will need:
- 5+ years professional games audio experience OR 3+ shipped titles as audio lead.
- Experience coordinating audio designers, VO actors, music score teams.
- Demonstrable experience in creating audio for games or multimedia applications.
- Excellent knowledge of industry-standard audio tools.
- Familiarity with a variety of Audio Middleware applications. (Wwise, FMOD, etc.)
- Deep musical culture & references.
- Good knowledge of game audio techniques and audio production fundamentals.
- Strong artistic and creative sense.
- Highly motivated, with a passion for audio and video games.
While not required, below are nice to have:
- Good understanding of the video game development process.
- Experience in working with game engines (ideally Unity).