Tag Games is an ambitious and growing mobile game studio based in Dundee, Scotland. We have a 15 year legacy of making mobile games for some of the biggest brands on the planet.
This year Tag Games is pushing the boundaries of gameplay in our new cross platform IP. If you have experience in developing games for PC, Mobile or Consoles then you might be the right person to help us deliver this AAA experience. Join our growing team of veterans from around the world and help build a new global games franchise.
Our culture is collaborative and relaxed. We encourage feedback and support each other to solve problems - always striving to be the best we can be. We are driven by a passion for quality and delivering outstanding products. If this feels like a studio where you can thrive and grow then we have a variety of roles available, both in our Dundee studio and remote. It would be great to have you join our team!
Tag Games Studios is building a brand new world-leading, cross-platform IP played by millions of gamers and we need a Technical Designer to join the team. As part of a multidisciplinary team, you will help shape the architecture for new game systems; as well as, create and implement the more complex technical design elements into the game. You will be flexible, highly motivated and approachable, and you will compose design documentation to a high standard. A core part of the design team and a huge part of this new product, you will have considerable responsibility and autonomy in the design and your tasks.
Here's what you will be doing:
- Drive the development of features by working in close collaboration with production, engineers, designers and other disciplines.
- Provide insightful feedback in design discussions, helping problem solve and deliver ideas within engine and system constraints.
- Provide a bridge between design, engineering, and production for new feature proposals to assist the team in delivering the best experience for our players.
- Maintain a clear understanding of the design direction so that systems can be implemented to spec and design intentions can be communicated clearly to other disciplines.
- Facilitate creation of tool building and pipelines to improve design iterations and design ease/speed.
- Create prototypes and rapidly iterate to explore design ideas and find the fun.
- Teach & support designers in the use of tools, collecting feedback & improving the UX of the tools.
To do this job, you will need:
- A genuine passion for games.
- Industry experience in a technical or design position.
- Experience writing quality code.
- Design experience using and improving tools.
- Exceptional understanding of game systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A strong ability to identify and solve problems throughout all stages of development.
While not required, below are nice to have:
- Experience working on large scale multiplayer products.
- Experience writing C# code in Unity.
- An avid player of some of the following genres: MMOs, RPG, Strategy games.