Tag Games is an ambitious and growing mobile game studio based in Dundee, Scotland. We have a 15 year legacy of making mobile games for some of the biggest brands on the planet.
This year Tag Games is pushing the boundaries of gameplay in our new cross platform IP. If you have experience in developing games for PC, Mobile or Consoles then you might be the right person to help us deliver this AAA experience. Join our growing team of veterans from around the world and help build a new global games franchise.
Our culture is collaborative and relaxed. We encourage feedback and support each other to solve problems - always striving to be the best we can be. We are driven by a passion for quality and delivering outstanding products. If this feels like a studio where you can thrive and grow then we have a variety of roles available. It would be great to have you join our team!
This position is for a Design Manager that will oversee the Design team at Tag Games to help promote the individual growth and success of everyone in the team.
With a combination of leadership and game design experience, you will work closely with our Designers to support their professional development and growth. As the people manager for a team of around 15, you are someone who can work effectively with your people in order to help them define their individual professional goals. Your time will be dedicated to helping both the designers and the wider project team achieve the best possible outcome from our collective efforts.
Here's what you will be doing:
- Working closely with the Studio Leadership team to create and model a genuinely supportive, collaborative and creative work environment for everyone at Tag
- Creating an inclusive and invigorating work environment where every person in your team is set up to effectively engage, contribute and deliver quality work product
- Conducting regular 1:1’s with your team, engaging in coaching and mentoring as necessary
- Overseeing the Continual Review Process for all members of the Design team - ensuring people have OKR’s that support their personal development in line with company and/or project objectives
- Working closely with other People Managers, Discipline Leads & Production to gather feedback and ensure it is delivered constructively and sensitively to the Design team with a view to celebrating successes and highlighting excellent performance, identifying growth opportunities and supporting people in
- Being a consistent, steady voice in decisions that help achieve both short-term and long-term goals of the design team
- Assessing and resolving current and future team resource issues by evaluating options across all teams, collaborating with key stakeholders both internal and external and selecting the right solution based on impact & skillset. Clearly communicating any proposed changes to all stakeholders
- Working closely with Production to ensure that processes and standards are consistent across the Studio & Project
- Responsibilities may include Lead responsibilities on projects from time to time, including working across disciplines to define and meet cross-team project goals and milestones, ensure task and goal clarity, and drive teams and deliver project impact and output on time and on quality
- Responsibilities may include some execution and delivery of output on projects that help achieve a milestone or project goals
To do this job, you will need:
- 7+ years of experience in Game Design team leadership
- Demonstrable experience of leading people through change and significant organisational growth
- Demonstrable experience of leading teams of a similar size (minimum of 10 Designers)
- A genuine passion for hands-on Leadership - building relationships with your team that enables you to set them up for success and growth that takes both the individual and project requirements into account
- The ability and desire to work closely with the Studio Leadership team in order to ensure a level of consistency across all disciplines
- Initiative to solve problems with excellent follow-through without prompting
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and effective communicator
- A genuine passion for games
While not required, below are nice to have:
- Formal training and experience in Leadership and/or Performance Coaching
- Experience in implementing new processes and practices at scale
- Experience of ‘leading leaders’ - in other words coaching and mentoring people new to people management responsibilities