Tag Games is an ambitious and growing mobile game studio based in Dundee, Scotland. We have a 15 year legacy of making mobile games for some of the biggest brands on the planet.
This year Tag Games is pushing the boundaries of gameplay in our new cross platform IP. If you have experience in developing games for PC, Mobile or Consoles then you might be the right person to help us deliver this AAA experience. Join our growing team of veterans from around the world and help build a new global games franchise.
Our culture is collaborative and relaxed. We encourage feedback and support each other to solve problems - always striving to be the best we can be. We are driven by a passion for quality and delivering outstanding products. If this feels like a studio where you can thrive and grow then we have a variety of roles available, both in our Dundee studio and remote. It would be great to have you join our team!
Tag Games is looking for an experienced Tools Programmer work as part of our internal Tools and Tech Art development team. As a member of that team you will play an important role collaborating with other disciplines, and help drive our technology forward to build this world leading IP.
The Tools Programmer role will involve designing, implementing, and maintaining the content and asset pipeline and tools technology on our core project and on multiple platforms. You will be building technology that will be part of the game editor toolset, interacting with a wide group of discipline experts within Tag to help deliver a world leading experience for our players.
Here's what you will be doing:
- Working within the team to plan, execute and review solutions to deliver a best in class user experience
- Creating and maintaining software tools that are used by art and design to support the creation of game content
- Working on a range of software tools including in-editor tools, level design tools, digital content exporters, a data processing asset pipeline, game systems and CI/CD automation
- Working within the Tools team on content creation pipeline, automated systems or standalone/integrated user-interfaces
- Communicating and collaborating with artists, programmers, and designers to collect requirements and feedback, and propose & develop solutions to deliver the expected tools and pipeline
- Focusing on improving productivity of the team
- Focusing on removing technical layers & obstacles from Artists and Designer workflows
- Maintaining and taking ownership of the tools you and the team create, including bug fixing
- Working with production to define and prioritise work to ensure you make the best use of your and the team's resources
To do this job, you will need:
- Professional experience working as a Tools Programmer / Technical Artist for at least 3 years within the entertainment industry
- Experience working on Mobile, PC or Console platforms
- Proficiency using C# and/or C++ in real world projects
- A proven record of problem solving including strong 3D mathematics skills.
- A good understanding of common software development tools such as Git.
- An ability to deliver solutions to a set deadline
- A strong desire to build tools and work in collaboration with others to deliver the best solutions for the needs of the project
While not required, below are nice to have:
- Experience working on graphics programming
- Experience working with commercial engines such as Unity, Unreal, or CryEngine
- Experience with the Maya, or similar packages
- Experience with python
- Good eye for visual quality